Become a Yup Tutor
For Tutor Applicants:
What subjects do tutors cover?
Yup supports tutoring for Early Math, Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Probability, Pre-Calculus, and Calculus AB.
How do I apply to become a Yup tutor?
We're so happy you'd like to be a part of the Yup tutor team and continue our mission of empowering every student to learn! To apply, please go to https://yup.com/for-tutors/.
To get started on your tutor application, complete the application form in the above link and you will be directed to a dashboard to continue the application process. All applicants must complete a subject proficiency exam, a written teaching exercise, and demonstration sessions. The proficiency exam is split into two levels, so you may choose to take the level of your choice or both. The entire application process should take fewer than 24 hours.
I've applied to become a tutor. When will I hear back?
Applicants should hear back immediately if they have done the following:
- Started the application process
- Taken the subject exam
Applicants should hear back within 1-2 weeks if they have done the following:
- Taken the teaching exam
- Completed demonstration sessions
What should I do if I am receiving a "blocked/restricted" IP address on the teaching exam?
Sorry for the inconvenience! There are four possible actions you can take:
- If you are using any VPN technology, this will cause this error. Remove any VPN and try again.
- You can try a different location / device to see if this removes the block and allows you to test.
- If these don’t work, visit https://whatismyipaddress.com/ and take a screenshot of the results. We can then verify whether or not this is a blocked address.
- If we cannot find this as a blocked address on our test, then your final action is to try Classmarker’s support team directly: https://www.classmarker.com/online-testing/contact-us/. You may need to share our test link: https://www.classmarker.com/online-test/start/?quiz=73p5f31eb5d5a261
Beyond these 4 actions, there is not much we can do to support any IP address restrictions at this time.
What should I do if I am having technical issues with my application?
If you are experiencing technical difficulties we suggest that you try the following:
- Use a Chrome browser
- Do a hard refresh
- Reset your password
- Attempt signing in using an incognito browser
Is there a language requirement to tutor?
All sessions are conducted in English. Tutors must be highly proficient in written, colloquial English.
How does scheduling work?
Once you become a Yup tutor, you have the ability to set your availability. Only work hours that work for you!
Tutors are paid an hourly rate depending on experience and qualifications. Tutors' hourly rates can increase over time through bonuses for outstanding work.
Tutors are paid monthly via PayPal or Direct Bank Deposit. Tutors are paid on the 5th of each month (unless the 5th falls on a weekend or a bank holiday in which case tutors are paid on the next business day).
Why isn't my college or university listed?
We have compiled a thorough list of global higher education institutions. If you do not see your school listed, please select "Other school". We are continually updating our list!
I did not pass a portion of the application, can I get more information?
Our applicant screening process is rigorous; only 3% of applicants are accepted. We do not provide detailed feedback regarding applicant performance on any portion of the process (subject exam, teaching exam, or demonstration sessions).